I am always on the hunt for a pancake recipe that is not only delicious but also good for me. If you are in the same boat, you are in for a treat. These paleo pancakes are made with ingredients you already have in your kitchen and they taste SO GOOD. Before I continue, if you have never tried paleo pancakes before, they are a bit different than your normal pancake house delicacy. Paleo pancakes are made without any flour so the consistency is different than your normal fluffy pancake. However, flavor is definitely not missing. If anything, I find paleo pancakes to be even more tasty and I know what I’m putting in my body is nutritious so win-win!
I’ve tried numerous types of paleo pancakes in the past and have never found one that I love AND that’s easy to make. Either I loved the taste but it took too long to whip up, or the recipe was simple but they tasted not so great and fell apart in the pan as I tried to flip them. So for these pancakes, I decided to take the basics of all paleo pancake recipes (banana and an egg), and added a little here and there until I reached my desired result.
These paleo pancakes are full of flavor and so easy to make! They are thinner than your average thick fluffy pancake made with flour, though, so you’ll be able to make about 7-10 thin pancakes about 3-4 inches in diameter. I find that these also need to cook longer than normal pancakes so don’t be afraid to let it sit on the pan for a bit longer (2-3 minutes) before flipping. That’s why I use low-medium heat so they don’t burn but can cook through slowly.
The best way to eat these paleo pancakes is by accompanying them with some delicious nut butter. My favorite brand of nut butter is Wild Friends which you can find here and adding some sliced fruit such as strawberries on the side makes for a perfect morning meal.
- 2 eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- a dash of cinnamon
- a splash of vanilla extract
- Warm up a frying pan or skillet over low-medium heat. (if the heat is too hot it will burn the pancakes before they are through cooking in the middle)
- Add all ingredients into a Nutribullet cup (any type of blender will work if you don't have a nutribullet)
- Blend all ingredients until a smooth batter is achieved
- Spray skillet or frying pan with desired cooking spray
- Pour pancake batter into 3-4 inch circles onto the skillet or frying pan
- Cook the first side until bubbles have formed all over the surface of the pancake. Let cook a bit longer than you would normal pancakes. Flip and cook the opposite side for about 1/4-1/2 the time as the first side.
- Serve onto plate and ENJOY! 🙂 These pancakes are even better with a drizzle of nut butter on top (I used Wild Friends almond butter...so delicious, and diced up fruit such as strawberries on the side)
If you loved this recipe or have suggestions to make it even better, let me know in the comments below. Enjoy your delicious healthy paleo pancakes!
Shop the post:
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links that help keep this blog running. Thank you for supporting my blog!