As I mention often, when it comes to cooking, I’m ALL about quick, simple, nutritious, and delicious. And this Thai Curry Shrimp Soup checks all the boxes. This recipe uses only one pot, so not only will your meal be cooked in minutes, but your dishes will be done in a jiff as well. The Thai Curry soup sauce is extremely simple to make, all you have to do is throw some ingredients into the pot, stir it up, and let it heat. For the shrimp, I simply used pre-cooked, tail-on shrimp. Thaw them, wash them, pinch off the tails, and once the soup sauce is warm, toss em in. It’s as simple as that! The easiest Thai Curry Shrimp Soup in the world, but the taste is absolutely divine.
- 1/2 bag (about 3 cups) pre-cooked shrimp (tail on or off)
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk, light (canned)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Add coconut milk, tomato paste, red curry paste, fish sauce, and paper flakes into a medium sized pot BEFORE placing over heat.
- Whisk the ingredients together in your pot, THEN place over medium heat on the stove top
- Bring the sauce to a boil, while stirring, then reduce the heat until the sauce comes to a slow simmer
- Once the sauce is simmering, rinse your shrimp in a strainer under the faucet and remove the tails
- Add the shrimp to your sauce and stir, letting the shrimp warm for a minute
- Turn your stove to low to keep the soup warm or turn it off completely, and serve!
I hope you love this Thai Curry Shrimp Soup recipe and it becomes one of your go-to staple meals when you’re short on time! It’s my husbands favorite meal, so it must be good 😉