September has officially arrived, which means all of us eager beavers for fall are breaking out (in secret) everything pumpkin spice. Confession: Today I bought a pumpkin spice candle, ate pumpkin spice waffles for breakfast, and made a pumpkin spice latte for dessert. I can’t fight it anymore, pumpkin spice season has officially begun! In honor of this joyous event, I thought what better way to celebrate than to share with you all my FAVORITE Healthy Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Waffles?!
These healthy dark chocolate chip pumpkin spice waffles are under 300 calories each, have 16 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, and 32 carbs. They are low in sugar, high in fiber, and taste like you’ve died and gone to heaven. I may have 3 more of these scrumptious pumpkin spice waffles in the refrigerator waiting for me to heat up for breakfast for each day this week. No shame.
The pumpkin flavor is rich in these waffles as they use real pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. They are moist but crisp around the edges; perfection in my opinion. The dark chocolate chips add a gooey deliciousness nothing can beat. It’s like dessert for breakfast, without the sugar crash, and no need for busting out the fat pants. You’ll feel satisfied and fueled for your day after licking the last pumpkin-y crumb from your plate. Alright, I’ve taunted you long enough. At last, the recipe!
- -1/3 cup Kodiak Cake Power Cakes Protein Packed Waffle and Flapjack Mix
- -1/3 cup water
- -1 egg
- -4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- -1 tsp pumpkin spice
- -small handful of dark chocolate chips
- Heat up waffle iron
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Once waffle iron is ready, spray with cooking spray and pour mix onto the iron.
- Close iron and proceed with your iron's specific needs to cook (some turn over, some don't)
- Once iron says its "ready", remove waffle.
- Add your favorite toppings and ENJOY!
- TIP: to keep them extra healthy, I eat them plain and they are STILL so good!
I hope you loved these healthy dark chocolate chip pumpkin spice waffles as much as I do. They may even become a staple in our household this fall. Enjoy the pumpkin spice season while it lasts!
Shop the post:
Like this heathy dark chocolate pumpkin spice waffle recipe? Give it a pin!