Rise and Shine, It’s Breakfast Time!
The flourless banana oat protein packed muffins were such a hit that I decided to take a twist on them and make these delicious flourless AND dairy free Protein Packed Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins. The only difference between the two recipes is these blueberry oat breakfast muffins have no greek yogurt, making them dairy free. And to state the obvious, they are loaded with delicious juicy fresh blueberries. They have been an irreplaceable breakfast staple in the Helm household this past month. My husband especially loves these blueberry oat breakfast muffins because he can grab a few on the way out the door, therefore allowing him to sleep in a few extra minutes. 🙂
Another wonderful thing about these blueberry oat breakfast muffins is how incredibly simple they are to make. I whipped up the batter in less than 5 minutes, hopped in the shower, and by the time I was out they were ready to eat! I am all about simple, delicious, and nutritious and this is yet another recipe that checks all the boxes.
I used fresh blueberries for these blueberry oat breakfast muffins but frozen work just as well. We have had an abundance of blueberries lately because they are in season and have been on sale lately (score!). But when winter rolls around, I’ll revert back to using frozen blueberries and I bet you I won’t taste a difference.
What I love about these muffins is not only are they delicious and simple to make, but they are extremely filling and full of nutrients. Each muffin is just 100 calories with 14 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fat, and 8 grams of protein. Grab a couple on the go and you’re ready for your day! Are you ready to try them for yourself? Without further ado,
- 2 bananas
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 packets stevia (optional.. sweet enough without)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 12 muffin tin pan with paper cups or spray with cooking spray
- Mash bananas until they become a lumpy liquid consistency
- Add egg whites and vanilla, and stir
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until mixed well
- Add the batter to the muffin tins until all 12 cups are filled 3/4 of the way
- Bake for 16-18 minutes
- Let cool for 15 minutes
- ENJOY and try not to eat all 12 in one sitting 😉
Let me know how these muffins turned out for you. I hope you love them as much as I do! 🙂
Like this recipe? Give it a pin!