Looking to make a solid extra chunk of cash for the holidays? Look no more because I’ve got you covered! This is not a list of 24 survey sites that will make you a few bucks, but rather a complete list of money making ideas that can make you a few hundred dollars or more just in time for the Christmas. You can even use these ideas after the holidays to make a nice emergency savings to head into the New Year with. You certainly can’t go wrong with that!
This page contains affiliate links, but I would never recommend something I don’t love and use myself. If you want more information, please visit my disclosure page.
24 Genius Ways To Make Extra Money For Christmas
- Pet Sit – People are always traveling around the holidays, which means there will be an extra need for their beloved pets to have a sitter when their owners are gone. You can use Care.com to find people who need care for their pets or offer up your services to friends on Facebook.
- Rent Out A Room In Your Home Through Airbnb – Airbnb is becoming a popular way for people to make money by renting either their whole home, part of the home, or just a room to guests. You set the price, get compensated for a cleaning fee, and make good money simply by renting our your home or a part of your home. Airbnb takes just 3% from the host for a service fee and you are payed through Airbnb’s secure system, so you never have to worry about handling the transactions on your own. Click here to get started!
- Babysit – Babysitting is a great way to make easy extra cash for the holidays. Click here to make a profile, offer your services with your own personal preferences, such as availability and price, and find your next family through Care.com for free.
- Use Ebates– Ebates has already made me $64 just in the past month alone that I will use for Christmas present shopping. Download the easy to use browser button and each time you come across one of the 400+ Ebates websites, activate your cash back and earn up to 20% cash back on purchases. After you sign up, if you refer a friend or family member, you’ll earn up to $25! Click here to sign up for free.
- Be A Dog Walker With Rover– With families traveling for the holidays, their dogs are left at home with some much needed exercise so they won’t rip the house to shreds. Sign up with Rover to start dog walking and earn easy money while getting in some exercise for yourself as well!
- Drive For Lyft – New drivers for Lyft can earn a cash bonus worth up to $1,000. Sign up here to become a Lyft driver and earn an extra $2 for every ride you give in the first 30 days. That means if you give just 5 rides a day for 30 days, you’ll earn an extra $300 dollars on top of the regular payout.
- Do Online Surveys Through Mypoints For Gift Cards – I’ve earned a $25 dollar AMC gift card and a $15 Amazon gift card this past month for completing simple actions such as surveys, watching videos, printing coupons, reading emails, etc. It’s easy to earn gift cards with Mypoints and they work for great stocking stuffers or gifts for friends and family.
- Clean Out Your Home and Sell Items On Ebay– Think about all those items you just HAD to buy and now get absolutely no use other than collecting dust in your basement. Round up all your gently used items that you no longer use and make money from them!
- Clean Out Your Closet and Sell On Poshmark– Poshmark has already made me over $300 since the summer just by selling gently used clothes I no longer use. All you have to do is sign up for free, snap a photo of your clothing item, enter a description, and upload it to your “closet”. It’s as simple as that! Plus, don’t worry about paying for shipping. Poshmark will send you a prepaid label as soon as your item sells. Piece o’ cake! Sign up for free and start selling your clothes here.
- Use Ibotta For Groceries – Ibotta is an awesome cash back app that you can use on your smart phone to earn cash back rewards and save money simply by shopping! It includes many popular stores such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Costco, and much more. I’ve earned $50+ dollars cash back from Ibotta in the past two months. Sign up with my code here to get a $10 welcome bonus after submitting a receipt with a qualified cash back item on it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
- Uber Eats – Want to drive for Uber but maybe your car isn’t new enough for the qualifications or you just would rather deliver food than drive around people? Sign up for Uber eats! Simply pick up a client’s food they already pre-ordered and payed for, deliver it, and earn money. Talk about easy money! Click here to sign up.
- Become A Mystery Shopper– Now you can sign up with a free company called Bestmark to complete mystery shops, get reimbursed if you had to purchase an item, AND get payed for completing the mystery shop. Sign up here to get your mystery shop on!
- Use Paribus To Get Cash Back – Prices change all the time. And that’s why Paribus works hard to get you money back when prices drop. You get the difference from the price you payed to the lowest price offered. It’s as simple as that! Sign up for free here.
- Be A Personal Shopper – Do you have any friends or family who are pressed for time and can’t squeeze in their holiday shopping? Offer your service as their personal shopper. Set a price and be their personal elf this holiday season.
- Drive For Uber – Uber has gone viral in recent years and has become one of the easiest ways to make some extra cash. Sign up here to start earning easy money today by driving people to their destination and make some new friends while you’re at it.
- Hang Christmas Lights For Pay – Nobody really likes hanging Christmas lights, but when you’re doing it for pay it’s not so bad! Advertise your Christmas light services and watch the neighbors rush to sign up.
- Do Gigs On Fiverr – Fiverr is the world’s largest marketplace for digital services. A service is called a gig. Many gigs start at $5, but sellers have the option to choose their starting price point. You could write, sing, voice over, make videos, practically anything! Check out Fiverr today to see what kind of gigs you could offer and start earning money fast, you won’t regret it.
- Sell on Etsy – Are you crafty? Do you like to put together cute designs? Sell your talent on Etsy for some extra cash just in time for the holidays.
- Shovel Snow – If you live in an area that get’s a lot of snow, I’d be willing to bet a lot of families in the neighboring communities would appreciate their sidewalk being shoveled for them. You can set your rate, such as $25 per home, and before long you’ll have a good amount of extra cash in your pocket.
- Housesit – This is just about the easiest extra cash you could possibly make. Kick back with a bowl of popcorn and Netflix on your friend’s way comfier than your own couch and get payed for doing it.
- Sell Items On Facebook – I am a part of 3 groups on Facebook that are dedicated to selling your used or new items to people in the area where you live. It’s very similar to craigslist, but even easier because every time I log on to Facebook, I’m notified if new items for sale have been added to the Facebook groups. I’ve just recently sold 3 items this past week in preparation for our big move in 14 days (I’m not counting or anything).
- Sell Old Gifts Card For Cash With Cardpool – Still have those old gift cards sitting in your wallet from Christmas 2015? Sell them on Cardpool today for cash, and use that cash to buy Christmas presents for others.
- Sell Old Books and Items on Amazon Trade-In – Amazon Trade-In lists all the items you’ve previously bought on Amazon and tells you how much you could receive in money back to re-sell them on Amazon. Amazon does all the work for you, all you have to do is send the item in and receive your cash! Get started here.
- Wrap Presents For Friends and Neighbors – Remember that friend you were a personal shopper for? Maybe they would also like you to wrap their gifts for an extra fee?.. Now you can offer your services as a personal shopper AND a personal wrapper for extra money. Win-win!
There are MANY ways to make extra money for the holidays that are totally doable, and can even be fun! You DON’T have to be broke this holiday season. Even if you only use one of the jobs listed above you could easily make a hundred bucks (or more) in time for Christmas. It’s time to work hard and make some money this Christmas! You and me both, friend 🙂 Merry Christmas and Happy Debt-Free Holidays!
Follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Other Posts You Might Like:
How To Do Christmas Cheap Without Sacrificing Joy
How To Purchase An Affordable High Quality Engagement Ring
30 Gifts Under $30 For Him or Her
How To Eat Healthy On A Budget With These 15 Proven Tips
10 ways to have a budget Mexico vacation
20 Easy Frugal Living Tips To Save Money And Get Out Of Debt
How to start a money making blog in 15 minutes or less
Free blogging resource guide to help kick start your blog
My favorite frugal resources to save money and make money
How to create a home gym for $100 or less
10 free and fun date ideas
10 work from home jobs that earn you a full time income